Here is my first Monday Motivation – enjoy!
Living life with a morning routine & why you should do it too…(in the actual order I do these things btw)
- As soon as you open your eyes, think of a positive thought. Tell yourself that it will be a good day. Give yourself no excuse to be anything less than happy. If you set out for anything negative, it’s almost guaranteed to turn out that way.
- Wash your face. It just needs to happen. Our faces are one of our most prized possessions. Treat your skin well now to prevent future problems. Aside from it being extremely beneficial for your largest organ, it will make you feel energized and rejuvenated!
- Stretch. Slowly but surely if you stretch every morning or try to, you will feel your body taking to it. Little by little you will be able to push to new limits. Stretching increases your energy almost instantly. I don’t know about you, but I am interested in anything that will keep my energy up for whatever life decides to throw at me.
- Make your bed. There is study after study on how making your bed every single day can be in your favor. Aside from these statistics, your home will be ready for any impromptu guests. This is in fact, the story of my life living in a studio apartment. So just make the dang thing.
- Check social media platforms. To be real, this probably happens first for a lot of us before we even decide to think our positive thoughts for the day. We’re all guilty of it. Checking Facebook to see what you missed over night is a really important task. You might wake up to break-ups, new jobs, new relationships and even your sister getting a new puppy. Exciting stuff right there.
- Drink a glass of warm lemon water. I swear by this. If I miss a day where I forget to or I happen to not have any lemons left, I seriously feel off for its entirety. My skin rids any impurities, it sets your metabolism up for the day, and really just is a daily cleanse for your body. Love the lemons!
- Eat a well balanced breakfast. One of the hardest things to do ever. Most of us are on the go people and just don’t have time to Rachel Ray it up in the kitchen every morning. That doesn’t mean you have to skip “the most important meal of the day” all together or slack off an eat a pop tart. Eat something fulfilling like a bowl of oatmeal with a banana or some eggs with turkey bacon.
- Make a list. Of course making a list daily isn’t realistic for all of us. For me, it’s a must. Lists make me happy. They set the tone for my day. I actually have a visual as to what needs to be done. If you haven’t tried making a list for your day, give it a shot. You may find that having some structure will keep you motivated and on top of your day.
- Give someone you love a call. Whether you choose to call, text or email, just speaking to someone who is important to you means a lot to them and it’s good for you. You ask about their life, they ask about yours and you get to catch up a bit. You should always remind people who mean something to you that they are loved and you are thinking of them. It’s the little things.
- Dress for success. They say if you feel good, you’ll do good. I say, Amen. Those days where I roll out of the house in yoga pants and a t-shirt are nice, but they don’t compare to the days where I look like I have my life together. To me, dressing the part means more than it does to others, but either way I think it can benefit anyone tremendously.
- Stop and smell the roses. Not literally, unless you have fresh flowers. Then go ahead and do that too. I’m talking about stopping and taking in this life you are living. Everyday we take things for granted, but try to set aside a little time each day to stop and be thankful for all that you have. Life is precious and when we choose to remember this, it makes it that much more extraordinary.
It’s hard to get into the swing of a routine sometimes because most mornings you are in a hazy fog just managing to make it to your destination on time. I promise you though, if you set your alarm clock just a tad earlier and get up to start your day right, you won’t be disappointed. Just implementing these eleven things can be a total game changer.
P.S. – some of you may have read something similar to this before from me when I had an internship last year. It’s still relevant & it’s still Monday Motivation. So keep checking back for more inspirational reads on Mondays!